Shwebo University is a community-based institution of knowledge and wisdom, academically serving the community with varieties of educational systems and proper technologies, in addition to taking a leading role in research and integration of local wisdom for international recognition.
The University’s missions include the following:
- (1) Producing graduates of high capacity and decency with the aim of improving the quality of human resources to fulfill the needs of the local and nation.
- (2) Promoting and developing applied research activities for academic excellence and the community’s sustainable strength.
We achieve organizational excellence through the following core values;
- (1) Academic Quality
- (2) Innovation
- (3) Diversity
- (4) Excellence
- (5) Community
- (6) Accountability
- (7) Environmental Sustainability
In accordance with vision, and mission, as well as the national higher educational development plan, Shwebo University has set up the following objectives;
- (1) To continue to promote quality of students;
- (2) To train scientific and technological personnel to meet national and international development needs.
- (3) To provide a supportive learning environment for faculty, staff and students.
- (1) To continue to develop study curriculum in order to meet both regional and international demands.
- (2) To provide necessary services and resources to promote student learning and academic success.
- (3) To improve classroom infrastructure and departmental facilities.
- (4) To provide affordable and high quality undergraduate and graduate education.
- (5) To create a culture of service that respects and promotes the dignity of every person.
- (6) To developing and updating the research capability, teaching competence and confidence to the university staff through supplementary training.
- (7) To establish excellence in all fields of scholarship and applied research.
- (8) To build bridges locally, nationally and internationally.
- (9) To provide academic services to the puplic and to organizations in both governmental and private sectors.
- (10) To link higher education establishments with partners, communities, agents, and universities with quality being regionally and internationally accredited;
- (11) To promote applied research activities for new knowledge, developing Myanmar wisdom for competitive potential.
- (12) To manage transparently and systematically the benefits from using the university properties. These properties include Library, University Convocation Hall, Student Service Centre, Stadium, the area of University Office Canteen and University Recreation Centre and Gymnasium.
- (13) To ensure administrative and executive management facilities and physical material facilities that fulfill the university operation;
- (14) To efficiently implement the University mission under internationally recognized governance principles.
- (15) To provide a safe and secure work environment.